FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed flight in DFW due to Skylink skipping D terminal
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:58 am
nutwpinut

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
How does that contradicts with going a little earlier? I've also made it at CLT last minute and they closed the door at T-5 (I was at college back then), but I was taking my chance and can't blame the traffic at CLT airport.
Why do I have to schedule extra time for someone who isn't doing their job instead of expecting them to their job properly and not close the door until T-10?

This isn't a case of someone pushing it close, it sounds like someone who did leave the lounge early to give themselves a buffer, but not expecting something drastic to happen. Yeah I leave early to get to the airport in case there is traffic, but I don't plan on a 3 hour traffic delay because of a catastrophic accident closing the highway (this has happened to me, ughhhh, entire highway closed, nowhere to go)

There is a big difference between closing the door at T-5 and T-20. I would have been ok if they closed it at T-5 and I had arrived at T-1.