Old Jan 5, 18, 9:53 am
cece4

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat (Life gold) Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, SW Companion
Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
Only if you have the Business Platinum card, and I'm not sure they have to be the same airline (I don't have a Biz Plat), but I'd dig around in this thread to see if they have to be the same Pay-with-Points flights. Business Centurion 50% refund. Business Platinum 35% refund..

If that isn't a concern I'd change to SW, buy gift cards for them, and with your SW companion pass you'll presumably get even more value out of the GCs flying 2 for the price of 1.

Yes it is a Plat business card with the 35% point refund. Thats a pretty sizeable chunk of points (when used that way of course!).
I am thinking I will stay with United till we have all our flights settled for the year (and who knows maybe the gift bank will come back up in the interim and I can be done with this).
Then once I am pretty sure I will have no more united flights to book with Amex, I will change to SW and hopefully the gift card option is still there at that time.