FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:22 pm
jacca83

Programs: AA Pro;Ritz Carlton Ambassador;Hilton Silver: SPG Gold
Villa Magna, Madrid

Villa Magna, Madrid Spain December 2017.

Room Upgrade: Not automatically offered. Inquired and they made it seem like it was a big deal, but was ultimately granted a 1 category upgrade from Junior Suite to Executive Suite. Unfortunately' all of their Executive suites are next to a housekeeping closest so at all hours of the day and night you'll hear noise and banging in the bedroom area. I requested a room change and they would only offer me the original room I booked. I think they should have offered an alternate superior accommodation, otherwise the FHR upgrade benefit is useless. I also mentioned that if I would have outright booked the Executive Suite, I would have been pretty disappointed with the noise disturbance for such an expensive accommodation. They replied, "well you were upgraded".

Breakfast is for 2 at their buffet or can be used for in room dining. The latter option is extremely limited and not as much is offered compared to the buffet. Because we slept in each morning, we ended up doing the in room dining. One morning i asked about switching one item for another and they did it but charged me additional for it. Kind of tacky compared to other hotels I've stayed in that are usually more flexible.

Additional Amenity: 85 Euro credit. This could be used in the lobby restaurant and bar
Guaranteed 4PM check out: offered and used

This is probably one of the nicer, if not, the nicest hotel in Madrid though I will say, it's definitely showing its age and the service is not overly friendly.