FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:14 pm
threeoh

Originally Posted by cfischer
UA is not landing ANY plane at EWR right now. There is no slot problem, they just shut down. Great to put planes in the air and then decide 'sorry, we are not in operation today'. Clearly EWR is open and other carriers are landing. UA needs to decide if they want to operate a flight or not.
(1) Things may have looked different when the flight took off many hours earlier.

(2) If I were sitting in TLV hoping to get to the US, I'd much rather get on a plane and land at IAD, where I can take a different connecting flight to my final destination, or take Amtrak to NYC, or rent a car, etc. Would it best if they knew they were going to divert before they took off so those who wanted to wait out the storm in TLV could do so? Yes, obviously, but see point (1) -- things may have looked differently 12 hours earlier.

If they do they should make it happen unless there are circumstances beyond their control
Like a massive snow storm?