FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SSSS - Experiences?
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:47 am
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I had the dreaded SSSS last summer. I was in F and boarded as the first passenger. I was travelling alone so could not palm off my luggage to anybody else. The idiot that performed this charade spoke in unintelligble tones and asked really stupid questions, most of which were personal and none of his business. I made the mistake of telling him so meaning the charade took until well into general boarding.
So, my advice would be to have as little hand baggage as possible, make sure any mobile devices are not only charged but switched into standby but security protected so that they cannot be opened without your presence. Be polite but do not let them intimidate you into answering any questions not related to your journey or visit. I found questions to marital status, where I had travelled in the last 6 years, how many kids I had and where they lived totally inappropriate and without purpose. Bear in mind, these people are not part of any government agency or empowered for anything other than the security of the aircraft you are entering. If you do not want questions about religion then don‘t tell them you are on a cheap ticket originating in CAI.