FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to max out PQM + MPM for BOS-BNE
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:05 am
dvs7310

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by dnotes
@dvs7310 thanks for the tips. to clarify, does that mean i have to pickup luggage from NRT and re-check-in at HND?
Unfortunately yes it does. ANA has moved a lot of their premium routes over to Haneda since the airport authority relaxed international flight slot allocations there. I'm
local so either is fine for me, but for people connecting it can mean the trek over to Haneda from Narita.

It' not a terribly difficult trip though. If you have large or heavy luggage, take the bus. If you're traveling light then the train is a viable option as well though honestly doesn't save a lot of money. With the train though you have the option to stop off in central Tokyo for a drink or meal, since you have plenty of extra time in both directions. There is one more train option but, while you could comfortably get luggage to Tokyo or Shinagawa stations on Narita Express, it's a royal PITA to get from wother of them to Haneda with more than 1 suitcase, that's why I'd highly recommend the bus with much luggage.

I think in your situation, there isn' a perfect solution since you want to maximize PQMs but don' prefer UA 787s. AC is probably the least hassle honestly but zero lifetime miles that way and on a $9k+ ticket you'll probably get more RDMs on a 016 UA ticket (depending on current status).