FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues"
Old Jan 3, 18, 10:39 pm
zzzzz28

Programs: AA PLT UA GLD
Itinerary With Multiple X/XN legs

Is the "Waitlist" process only applicable to a single flight leg within a multi-leg itinerary, or will multiple legs be waitlisted (the ones that are UA metal)? If so, is there a way to specify that I want all or none confirmed in the business/first I-class (I - Non-Elite and Low Elite Saver Business or 2-cabin First Award). I don't want to put in a waitlist request for PHX-SFO-AKL, and then get charged 40K miles for an upgrade on only the TUS-SFO leg and still be in economy on SFO-AKL.

Also, for some reason, the fare status on my award has been changed from X (X = Non-Elite Saver Coach Award) to HN (HN = Non-Elite Standard Coach Award (tracks to the H bucket)). Since the waitlist rule states "United Economy in the same award type must be confirmed, and the front cabin will be waitlisted", it seems that what now shows as a STANDARD/Everyday award won't be able to be waitlisted to an I-class SAVER award.