FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Did UA do anything in 2017 that changes what carriers you will use in 2018
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:38 pm
Hipplewm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
At my local small airport, American and Delta have stepped up - MANY mainline flights (DL - almost all) and American will start an ORD direct flight on mainline instead of typical E145 on UA

Some days in winter, the ONLY plane with FC is a CRJ-700 to IAD

This coupled with the removal of HKG-SIN has already moved me away from UA on many flights
Polaris is a friggin DISASTER - yeah I know, it is better than before - but ONLY if you compare it to 8 across J, it is only slightly better than the pnCO planes and I would say it is worse in any airport besides ORD as that is the only PL after 19 months since the announcement of Polaris.

I am actively pursuing a EXP status match and will most likely be maintaining both 1K and EXP for a year or 2 until i full decide to swap over or not. If nothing else, I may fly AA in the winter and UA in the spring/fall

EDIT:

Star Alliance and the MP rewards program is the ONLY reason i am not ditching UA completely. There was a devaluation, but they are still ahead of DL and AA IMO, and definitely where i fly for vacation or would use my miles.

Last edited by Hipplewm; Jan 3, 2018 at 2:27 pm