FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2018]
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:18 am
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
.... The full itinerary would be a combination of United and Brussels Air flights, originating ORD; really not that complicated. United's fare quotes for a couple of those Brussels Air flights are just nuts. Freetown (FNA) to Monrovia (ROB) booked on Brussels Air is US$240; United prices the segment at US$1,407. If I omit that segment, United won't return a fare at all. I could further deconstruct, so I'm only booking SFO <-> BRU with United and booking the rest directly with Brussels Air at tremendous cost savings. Is there another alternative? Is the fare "gap" likely to decrease as the flight date comes closer? ....
A number of airlines are only offering their best prices when priced on their ticket stock, this is called plating. It prevents UA from offering the best prices using those airlines.

Try pricing the whole trip on the Brussels Air site or a third party like Expedia, Orbitz, ...

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
....I am trying to maintain UA status, so that "counts" too. ....
Do you need the PQDs or are you covered by a waiver?