FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:29 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I filled in the form for compensation and some duty-of-care reimbursement a couple of weeks ago, but never saw an auto-ackowledgement (it may have gone into the junk folder which clears weekly so I can't check).

How do I go about 'following up' on this? I imagine that BA are working through a huge pile of claims (this was just after slush-maggedon but unrelated) so don't want to chase unless it's needed/helpful.
Of course the problem is that you aren't sure whether or not it got logged or not: if there was an IT snafu at the time you sent the webform then you could be waiting forever (and still not get the expenses repaid). So after a couple of weeks I think it's OK just to call and see if it can be sorted out over the telephone. Alternatively a DM to Twitter. I imagine they are once again busy due to the bad days in December. I think your status isn't too high these days: I know Gold cardholders are getting their reimbursements inside a week and Silver within 10 days or so.

It's also good to save or print the screen before sending the webforms in (I use Google Drive which saves a PDF via the print function) since you may not get any other record.