FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:51 am
Stewie Mac
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
how to go about following up a claim?

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
28) How long should I wait before hearing a reply from BA?
There are reliable reports of flyers getting compensation within a week of making contact. However it may take upto 6 weeks to get a substantial reply from customer services. However if you don't get an auto-acknowledgement within 24 hours to your email address, the you should follow up immediately. Though one part of the regulations require delays and cancellation compensation to be paid within 7 days, the reality is often very different and the CAA have advised us that they don't regard the Regulations as having a time limit. However bear in mind that if this is going to end up in court there may be time limits involved (6 years in England and Wales), so you should not let matters drift.
I filled in the form for compensation and some duty-of-care reimbursement a couple of weeks ago, but never saw an auto-ackowledgement (it may have gone into the junk folder which clears weekly so I can't check).

How do I go about 'following up' on this? I imagine that BA are working through a huge pile of claims (this was just after slush-maggedon but unrelated) so don't want to chase unless it's needed/helpful.

Thanks