FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 NEWBIE LOUNGE Ask Your "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:50 am
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by BB8Dreamliner
My 3000 EQDs, 3500 EQMs, and Segments reseted to 0.

This is confusing to me because I'm new to AA. I was a CX member before, and miles doesn't reset on Jan 1st of the year. I joined AA on Oct 2017 (after getting tired of CXs revamped MPC earning system), earned my Gold status on Dec 20, 2017-- And I still have excess EQMs and EQDs as of yesterday (Dec 31). So did they all just go to waste after midnight of Dec 31 2017?
Originally Posted by BB8Dreamliner
Sadly, I'm currently doing a Platinum challenge that ends in Feb 2018, however the bulk of my EQMs and EQDs are from CX J KULSFO roundtrip, which do not count towards the challenge because CX is not AA's joint venture partner. I'm 1.1k Short of EQDs for Plat Challenge, but good for EQM.
Just to try to be clear, and hopefully not confuse even more, the platinum challenge counter is separate from the normal one. For earning status the regular way, the numbers all reset to zero on Jan 1. But if you started a challenge on Dec 1, those challenge numbers (which don't display on aa.com) do not reset, and you still have until late February to get to the required challenge goals based on your combined Dec, Jan, Feb flights.