FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:01 am
qukslvr619

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by findark
UA 5482: SFO to MSP
December 15, 2017
Embraer ERJ-175, Dinner

Apologies for the somewhat blurry shot. Tonight's dinner installment was actually outstanding, another entry in what has been extraordinarily hit-or-miss catering on Express. I tend to find that I'm either getting served something that was grudgingly tossed off on an Express flight as an afterthought (like a wrap or something else which might as well be shrink-wrapped Y food), or like today it's a nicely conceived salad that was clearly planned by a chef to be served on a plane with no oven:

The main is a salmon salad with fennel slices, pomegranate, strawberry, and (if I remember) cheese. I really enjoy the grapes as a side, and the Express cookies are hands down better than mainline at this point. The only stumbling point was the "other" salad, which as far as I see as even made it to transcons - whoever thinks that a pile of spinach leaves with a single tomato/cheese/olive is a salad needs to be "retrained"... but for a late evening meal on an Express midcon, this was quite nice.

Other choice was a salad with chicken on the side, which was very similar to the salmon one except it seemed to come with a fruit bowl (a la breakfast) in place of the extra spinach salad).
The salad with the salad is interesting...usually its a bowl of fruit.