Old Jan 1, 18, 10:37 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Lucky_man View Post
AA182 connecting AA2281 at LAX
I will have a 5 hour stay at LAX and I am unfamiliar with USA airports and LAX. AA182 Arrives at TB but no terminal has been set for AA2281 to leave from.
I am Flying in business (D) and OneWorld Emerald with QF) so should have access to a good lounge. From what I understand the flagship lounge is in T4. What lounge options are in what terminals and does it really take an hour to get between terminals.'
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
You will process immigration and customs at TBIT, drop checked bags at the counter and emerge in the TBIT arrivals lobby. At that point you’ll probably want to process security at the entry to the TBIT airside connector, as described here: LAX AA T-4 - TBIT secure airside connector (open Feb 2016)

From there it’s an easy Walk to the TBIT Qantas First Lounge or oneworld Business Lounge, or to the AA Flagship Lounge in Terminal 4 using the airside connector (5-10 minutes airside).(I’d head to the QF First Lounge straightaway as Emerald.)

There is another lounge in Terminal 5 if your flight should leave from there, and yet another, smaller lounge in the remote American Eagle / regional terminal (connected to 4 and 5 by Shuttle busses airside).

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Terminal 4 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges (master thread)