FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 New First Class
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:50 pm
m3red

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Keep in mind that there are only 3 or so planes with the new F right now, and for all types of scheduling and operational and maintenance reasons a flight might be switched. For instance of one of the new planes if delayed on one of its flights, EK will probably switch in an older 77W to operate the reciprocal rather than delay that flight as well. I.e. if EK184 is very delayed (BRU-DXB) then the next DXB-BRU might be switched. It depends on the schedule and buffers of course, I haven't looked that closely. Also worth considering maintenance requirements and overall operatonal reasons which I think would always prevail. If the EK NOC decides that the scheduling of the fleet requires that plane elsewhere that will be prioritized. This could be triggered by delays or cancellations elsewhere in the network where a backup plane is needed or something similar. E.g. if there's a AOG situation and a rescue plane needs to be sent to pick up pax and one of the new 77W will have the least knock-on impact on the network then they'd send it, perhaps if the next DXB-BRU flight is only in 6 hours so they can send that plane now and have 6 hours to then find a replacement for the DXB-BRU flight, which will be an older 77W most likely.

It's obviously frustrating but there are many legitimate reasons why EK might be switching out aircraft, and we should keep that in mind. If they're doing it for a silly non-legit reason of course rage is appropriate

good post -as more get delivered there is less chance on these routes of a swap but it’s always a possibility