FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:17 pm
longtimeflyin
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Having just flown ZRH-IST-YUL I had the opportunity to compare both IST and ZRH lounges side by side.

The IST lounge was crowded, hot and sweaty and yes the food is nice and diverse but I'm not quite sure it's living up to the hype anymore. On a previous trip, I tried the sleeping rooms downstairs and while the idea is nice, the soundproofing is terrible and they are located right next to the kitchen, making it real hard to get decent sleep. Plus transit security at IST can be a real sh*t show, significantly reducing my urge to transit there in the near future.

On the other hand, ZRH is clean, organized, efficient and the new E-gates lounges are impressive, including the kitchen work areas and extensive bar. I would agree with you 10/10 assessment. ^
I agree. I avoid the IST J lounge and much prefer the premium plaza lounges. I hate people and overcrowding. Perhaps it was a case of being overhyped but my last encounter at the IST J lounge left me with a thought of "what are people going on about" after I spent no more than 5 minutes there.