FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Polaris - New Business Class seats & inflight service {Archive}
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:08 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I flew UA7 last week and found it to be garbage that United only loaded 6 Japanese meals options for all 50 J Pax.

Looking at what was listed on the menu, the Japanese meal option was superior to the generic shrimp, beef, chicken, and salmon salad option.
Always always always call and pre order the Japanese meal....never leave it to chance as they will definitely not have enough. Not only this, but when the FA comes to take your order you may need to firmly remind them you have a special Japanese meal ordered...sometimes by the time they get to your seat enough GS have thrown tantrums over not getting the Japanese meal they will try and take away the pre ordered ones unless you stand firm. I've had this almost happen twice, but at the same time I've had a few sharp FAs who already knew of my order and just reconfirmed it after stopping by my seat....either way, call at least 24h before your flight and make sure it's added by an agent, don't do it online.