FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued ABTC/APEC Business Travel Card: Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:21 am
SpeedRicer

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by shuuy
Has anyone experienced the ABTC (APEC) interview? Looks like it books for the same slots as NEXUS, which isn’t great... (But, I could show up 90 mins late for a slot because I can't get on an earlier flight ... jokes)
Didn't need one for my renewal just now, but did one on the initial application. I went to the San Ysidro border crossing (next to Tijuana) here in the San Diego area, so my interviewer wasn't that familiar with the program. But it was basically very similar to my first Global Entry interview where the officer asked about the countries I visited, what I did there, etc. For the ABTC card, the officer also asked about my work and business ties to the region (I brought business-related letters, history of travel and extra documentation like my Hong Kong e-channel/frequent visitor registration, etc. -- but didn't really need to show them).