FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues"
Old Dec 30, 17, 11:06 am
hughw

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by LarrySinNJ View Post
Been through the last three months of this thread, and still have some questions for those with significantly more experience. Thanks to all for educating me thusfar.

It took me well over an hour on the phone with the Premier desk to book my April flights to Europe. We were able to get confirmed Business Class on the return (which was an SAS flight) at 70k mi per, however, the outbound (United flight) was booked in code XN. We were charged the Business Class Saver rate of 60k mi, and requested wait-listing for Business Class, We have confirmed seats in Economy. There is no indication on my receipt (that I can see) which says that I am wait-listed for Business Class, though on a confirming call to the Premiere desk after receiving the itinerary, I was told that I was indeed wait-listed for Business Class. Thanks to this thread, I was able to find out the following.

Fare classes for this flight are: J9 JN9 C9 D9 Z9 ZN9 P0 PN0 R0 RN0 IN0 I0 Y9 YN9 B9 M9 E9 U9 H9 HN9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9 G0 N9 XN9 X9

Also a search of the flight status shows no one on the "United Polaris business Upgrade Standby List:"

My questions are:
  • Is my reservation correct (even though the reservation doesn't visibly reflect Business class)?
  • Is there anything I can do to improve my chances of getting the upgrade.
Thanks!
No one will show up on the upgrade standby list until checking if for flight, at approx T-24.
Your reservation should show business outbound on SAS and it should show an indication like this for the return flight
  • light: UA18
  • Aircraft: Boeing 767-400ER
  • Fare Class: United Economy (X) - (I class requested)
  • Meal: Lunch
There's nothing you can do to improve your chances other than making sure that your PNR reflects the waitlist as indicated above.