FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:10 pm
Tennen

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
The first questions are answered above by someone else.

In terms of coupons expiry, unfortunately if you become Silver, you get 2 coupons, but if you re-qualify before expiry your coupons will be reset back to 2 meaning that you cannot have more than 2 coupons on your account as silver tier as they do not accumulate.

The same applies for becoming a Gold member. Your coupons will reset and you will have 4 coupons on your account. If you re-qualify before expiry, you will still have 4 coupons as they do not accumulate.

If you have the chance to do so , it is advised to use your coupons before upgrading to Gold or before re-qualifying your tier.
I think I'm misunderstanding your post. Yes, I agree that Silver members should use their coupons before trying to hit Gold, since they expire (unfortunately) when moving up statuses. But, are you saying that if you don't use your coupons before requalifying for Silver/Gold, they'll expire once you hit the required Tier Miles? That makes no sense. AFAIK, the new coupons are deposited when your membership year resets, regardless of when you actually requalified.