FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - partner awards/schedule changes
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:03 pm
drewcwsj

Programs: AS 75K, UA Plt
Originally Posted by AmhLe
I just had this happen to me; I have an award flight for August 2018 that includes the final legs of NAN - SFO - SEA on Fiji Airways. FJ switched their NAN - SFO flight from being on a Sunday to Saturday and auto booked us into the Saturday flight, but I had to call in to get the SFO - SEA legged patched up.

No idea when the schedule changed originally but glad I looked when I did so I could get my second flight updated to the correct day as well while there was still availability. I received no notification from Alaska, and just noticed it because I happened to be looking at the reservation. Wish there was some sort of email that came through to me though or alert banner on my Alaska account for things like this!
A few weeks ago AS cancelled the AS metal morning flights SEA and PDX to/from SFO and replaced them with VX. This lead to a big problem with my award itinerary PDX-SFO-CDG (on AF) with AS only offering a single evening flight PDX-SFO. I did get an email on this but it took a few days after I first noticed the itinerary with the message to call in. They initially wanted me to do a 22 hour layover in SFO and then I asked about the VX flight that replaced my morning AS flight and was told it would be elevated. It took two days but now I am on VX PDX-SFO and AF SFO-CDG with a 3 hour layover. This will be a problem for most partner awards starting in SEA and PDX connecting in SFO, at least until the integration is completed in April???