Old Dec 29, 17, 4:55 pm
EWRFlyerAL

Programs: UA GS MM, DL Plat, Mariott LT Plat/Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I am currently staying here and I'm not sure how people like it. Everything is pretty run down (lots of construction). I booked a Plunge Pool Suite. Checked in and was downgraded to a Hot Tub Room (not sure what it was called). Room with toilet had water flowing through the wall from the shower. Sink had brown water flowing out of it. They initially tried to charge me the same rate! He was so rude and told me that Hyatt overbooked, that Globalist means nothing (mind you this was a paid suite and not an upgrade), and that Hyatt's alliance program (I think he means WOH) was terrible and bad for the hotel. Manager apologized and comped last night.

The food is meh. Nothing special and most is tasteless. Blaze was decent for lunch but nothing special. The dead (brown needles, fire hazard) Christmas tree in front of the restaurant is a nice touch.

Beach is great. Lots of open chairs. Not crowded at all even with hotel at max capacity. Cool wildlife. Saw tons of stingrays and bat rays.

Elevators in the Club Tower are broken. First, one was out of service. Then the other broke. Maintenance man fell out with his cart after it stopped and did not align with the floor - tools and screws everywhere. We finally were being moved to the suite we booked at 5 PM and had to carry our luggage down the stairs from floor 20.

We were not told about the Club check in (or much of anything for that matter). There is a lot of construction noise in the Club Tower. Holes in the walls, garbage in the halls, lights hanging out of the walls, etc.

This is just not a good hotel in my opinion. I'm thrilled to be leaving. We stayed at the Zilara in Cancun and it was 100X better.