FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:30 pm
unusualtravelblog

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by AOH
So based on what I read, my understanding is that I have to use one coupon per segment-- for example, on my LHR to CAI trip, I will have to use two coupons (1 for LHR to ATH, and 1 for ATH to CAI)-- is this correct? Can someone please confirm? Thanks in advance.

Secondly, assuming what I wrote above is true, what happens if I only use one upgrade coupon? For example, if I only upgrade the LHR to ATH leg, do I still get all the perks (lounge access, baggage, etc.) for my second flight?

And last question, if/when I'm upgraded to Gold from Silver tiers, do my coupons expire?

I've been searching for this info for the past couple of days but may have missed it. Any help is appreciate
The first questions are answered above by someone else.

In terms of coupons expiry, unfortunately if you become Silver, you get 2 coupons, but if you re-qualify before expiry your coupons will be reset back to 2 meaning that you cannot have more than 2 coupons on your account as silver tier as they do not accumulate.

The same applies for becoming a Gold member. Your coupons will reset and you will have 4 coupons on your account. If you re-qualify before expiry, you will still have 4 coupons as they do not accumulate.

If you have the chance to do so , it is advised to use your coupons before upgrading to Gold or before re-qualifying your tier.