FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any rumours for F updates?
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:51 am
PETER01
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
I think it’s clear now that BA are in no way trying to compete with SQ, EK etc with their F product at this point and as touched upon above once new aircraft come in to replace the 747s and older 777s we’ll start to see a decline in routes offering F.

Its only once this has occurred that I can imagine any significant upgrade will take place, when like AF, LX etc they only offer it on certain routes where a profit can be made from a better service.

Re sleeping, I find the BA seat fine, even on the 747 and sometimes don’t even bother with the mattress.
I suspect that will be the case and my own view is that F will be reduced over time, maybe even up to 5-10 years as the Jumbos/older 777's are eventually retired. I'd imagine JFK, LAX, HKG and the likes will still have a F cabin for the future. I like the independent leg rest option in a J or F seat and the latter of which old F used to have so I'd like to see that back and maybe higher privacy wings on the aisle sort of like the A380 F has but perhaps a little bit bigger.

As others have alluded to in this thread and others I think the real focus is on CW for the next couple of years.