FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Someone flew as me on the same flight today!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:21 pm
SparseFlyer

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
On a flight today. Myself and OH only 2 in J. We moved from 1AC to row 2 after boarding. Surprised to then see someone else board and sit in 1A (my BP seat). FA looked puzzled, checked mine and his BP but nothing happened. During taxi, in-charge asked to see his BP again. My wife then noticed his BP had my name and all info on it, though with two luggage tags as well. Lots of conversation ensued....
So, this other pax was actually on another flight completely (10 mins later and with his GF). At check-in he was told he was now on a different flight (mine) and given a reissued copy of my BP with bags checked under my name. His ID had a different name (possibly the same last name) and we look very different, yet he was able get a BP, board, and fly internationally despite not being on the flight at all!
The captain was aware and called CBSA and others as it seemed the other PAX PP info was now attached to the booking.
Still, far from thrilled that someone was able to (inadvertently) get my BP and board and fly a flight they were not booked on or meant to be on!
I am following uo....
Nice.