FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:15 pm
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by stephem

“Could have been”. Exactly, it could have been, but based on crew comments and my identical experience on the YVR route on other occasions, I would say there is a high likelihood it was unavailability of a replacement 747 at that late hour after a technical fault on the scheduled plane, and not weather.
Incorrect reporting, especially if knowing and intentional, by the airline might be something a regulatory agency cared about, notwithstanding the opinion here that BA can do no wrong. What a classy airline that knows how to treat premium passengers, no wonder they have firesale AUP offers to F from the US whenever I fly them, nobody in their right mind would pay full fare for this quality of service.
For this topic to have any efficacy we really need to concentrate on facts and not be distracted by conjecture or meta discussion on unrelated issues. If you want to moan about BA’s inflight service or handling of IRROPS there are plenty of other discussions in this forums for you to make your points. Let’s please leave this topic to provide assistance to those seeking help with their EC261 claims.