FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One way award with CX + AA flights allowed?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:18 am
ernestnywang

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by hockeystl
I'm a noob when it comes to Asia Miles so please go easy on me. I did a search here on FT as well as Google and came up empty.

I'm looking to book the following *one-way* award. Priced it at 85K and confirmed standard/low availability for my preferred flights on Asia Miles and AA:
STL-ORD on AA
ORD-HKG on CX
HKG-BKK on CX

Called to book (866-892-2598) since the website won't allow partner flights included. When I spoke to the CSR I was told the rule for one way awards is only "one transit" or "one stopover" and that I'd have to book (2) one-way awards for the routing above. I've spoken to two different CSR's (since my Google searches yielded numerous comments about CX agents that aren't trained properly on partner rules) and both told me it'll take (2) one way awards.

Thanks in advance for clarifying the above!
The AM CSRs you spoke with are correct. According to https://www.asiamiles.com/en/terms-a...uirements.html, one-way award only allows one stopover, which can be used as a transit. If you are worried about through-check bag, 2 awards can be put in 1 PNR. If you can change this to AA+JL or AA+CX+JL, you might be able to use the OW award for 95k total (presumably you want to fly in J). I believe the OW award does not care about open-jaw at origin, but I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited by ernestnywang; Dec 27, 2017 at 10:23 am