FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:38 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by GB
I am amazed that the issue with these incredibly annoying Pop Ups continues. It has now reached the point that I cannot even access FT on my mobile device as the Pop Ups take over every time I go to the site. I have never experienced this on any other site. I find it hard to believe that the IT team at FT does not have the skills to stop this.
Is it the skills to rectify the pop-ups, or is it a legally binding contract IB entered into with overreaching or incompetent content providers that requires legal action and settlement? I don’t know, but IBobi has stated we will see some of these problems go away close to New Year’s.

Now, let’s get back on topic and post useful information about disruptive ads. (Off topic posts may be summarily deleted.)

Thank you,

JDiver, Co-Moderator

NOTES: If you have a popup warning you of a virus on your device, absolutely ignore it.

“A search on BBB Scam Tracker found that 81 reports this year of similar scams using pop-up messages on phones. On its website, Apple advises its user if they get a pop-up ad or a page warning you about a problem with your device just simply close the pop-up ad, or navigate away from that page and continue browsing.Jul 27, 2017” ABC2 News

The likelihood of virus infection of iOS is very low, and Android is a “sandboxed “ OS also unlikely to be infected. There are products from reliable providers such as Symantec you can use if you’re worried about a virus on your device.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 27, 2017 at 9:35 am