FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:06 am
CruiserCLE

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Just flew FLL-IAH at 255P the other day - drinks (when the FA wasn't on her phone) plus ONE pass of a severely limited snack basket with what appeared to be 3 or 4 selections with brands I've never heard of, but are likely sold in Dollar Stores. To think I could paid a coach fare and sat in the back and had a far more filling snack box and a couple cans of soda during the flight. I guess buying First nowadays is nothing more than a PQM play and a bigger seat #Sad . The website had the flight listed as "light snack" which I expected would be an actual snack plate of some kind - I thought a flight booked as "refreshments" was just drinks and the sad snack basket?

IAH-LAX (610P departure) was dinner with a choice of cold salmon salad or the buffalo mac and cheese with micro-salad and both came with a slice of turtle cheesecake. FA's brought warm dinner rolls after the tray was delivered.
Thanks! Sounds like you fell into that trap of the "light snacks". I too learned my lesson with that awhile back when they switched IAD-TPA from meals to snack basket. I took "light snacks and beverages" to include some sort of sandwich (like AA serves DCA-TPA) but was disappointed to find out my meal would be popcorn and a banana.

Originally Posted by Vulcan
This is my frequent TPA>EWR trip I do 8-10 times a year. "Snack" means a choice (maybe) between a cheese plate (not all that bad, but only 2 crackers provided - bring some from a club, or home) OR, last trip, a cold noodle salad ((looked green) with some rolled roast beef ) looked disgusting).
I don't think it is asking a lot for one hot option, even a hamburger. Its amazing how far first class has fallen
Thanks as well. I also fly TPA/EWR monthly but it's always a breakfast flight, which still has the hot option as I'm sure you know but recently lost the breads and has been serving the same kale pastry for 4 months now. I agree asking for a burger or something more substantial on these flights is not over the top. You're often on the plane over 3 hours when accounting for boarding time and these flights are all over traditional meal times.

Keep complaining to UA in your surveys and/or customer care!