FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:31 am
Gabrca

I filed for EU261 for a flight later this week, so will see what they say. I know they'll be some discussion on this board if its the "right" thing to do, or if it even counts as a cancellation, but by reading all of Air Frances EU261 conditions, I believe it does, and I'm curious to see the general interpretation of EU261 when it comes to these fares within 2 weeks of departure.

See message to AF below

On December 19th I booked a First Class Ticket from XXX-XXX, which was confirmed with a ticket number XXXXXXXXXXXX issued for travel on December 30th.
The following day, December 20th, I was informed that the ticket was being cancelled by Air France as the fare filed for this flight was a mistake, despite a ticket number being issued.

So while the fare filed by Air France was in error (made by them), since a ticket was issued in full, and cancelled by Air France within two weeks of departure, all the conditions for EU 261, as listed on Air Frances website have been met for compensation.

Conditions -
Flight on Air France: YES
Confirmed Reservation: YES
Fare Available to the Public: YES this was a publicly available fare for approximately 12 hours and purchased on Air France website.
Traveling to/from EU: YES

Cancellation assistance required by EU 261 for flights cancelled within 2 weeks of departure:

1. Rerouting to your final destination under comparable transport conditions as soon as possible as indicated by the carrier, or at a later date at your convenience - NOT OFFERED

2. Reimbursement for the part, and/or parts, of your journey that were not made, and for the part, and/or parts, already made if you do not wish to continue with your initial travel plans and you wish to return to your first point of departure, as noted on your ticket - OFFERED VIA TELEPHONE

Cancellation compensation required by EU 261 for flights cancelled within 2 weeks of departure:

1.Non-EU flights of more than 3,500 km: *€600 - NOT Offered
-------

Thanks for your assistance in this matter. Due to the nature of the ticket, and the cancellation of my confirmed ticket within 2 weeks of departure this meets all conditions of EU261.