FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:20 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
How is the route doing these days? Since moving p.s. to EWR UA demanded a premium for business and was not competitive with the JFK counterparts (especially one-way bookings), so I'd stopped checking.

I am flying DCA-LAX in Feb and at first I didn't bother looking at UA business through EWR. Glad I did however as UA was a good deal cheaper than AA/DL/B6 via JFK or DL/B6 via BOS. Curious, I looked at nonstop EWR-LAX over a random assortment of dates and the one-way pricing is competitive with JFK-LAX AA/DL/B6 pricing.

For quite some time UA was pricing p.s. much higher. Has that stopped being the case?
Cheap fares routing WAS-EWR-LAX/SFO are almost always mistakes. In the O&D p.s. market the carriers compete and price-match tightly, with the exception of VX inexplicably demanding more for their non lie-flat seat.