FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:21 pm
scillyisles

Originally Posted by JDiver

We know there’s a problem; many members have helpfully shared specifics such as device, operating system, browser, screen shots, etc. The problem has persisted in spite of time, and whatever Internet Brands has attempted to solve the issue has been insufficient. IB undoubtedly understands ads bringing income need viewers, and a diminution of viewers is harmful to that revenue stream.

Thank you,

JDiver, Co-Moderator
Thank you for acknowledging that this problem has persisted in spite of time. The issue I have is that the “time” part seems to be over a year or more and yet we are told that a solution is coming in the New Year.
Hopefully the upcoming solution will solve the problem, I do however wonder why of all the Internet forums I frequent none of them have anywhere near the issues that FT has with disruptive ads/malware pop ups. Why is this - surely knowing the reason would lead to a solution?
In the meantime whilst posting this I continue to get the Amazon pop up as shown on post above on both Iphone 7+ and IPad both under Safari and IOS 11.2.1 browsin* from Hawaii on Time Warner Cable.