FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Gift Pouch from SPG
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2017, 4:46 pm
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by GB
Got mine today. The packaging was nice. The actual product is extremely cheap and looks that way. Honestly, it was a huge letdown after seeing the packaging. I would estimate SPG spent about fifty cents on the bag and $10.00 on the box and freight.
I wish I could say I loved the gift and appreciate what they sent, but when I think of the 160 plus nights this year in mainly Cat 6 & 7 hotels and spending tens of thousands in SPG properties I am afraid all I can say is it the actual gift is cheap! The way it was packaged was lovely but compared to what they used to do this is really cheap! I remember the days or the personalized photo album! There have also been some great Ambassador gifts over the years, wheras I get maybe a dozen or more of higher quality bags like this from flights this year!

Sometimes it is better to do nothing at all than do something cheaply! Sorry SPG but this is one of those occasions! Do it right or don't do it at all!