FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 “Who, When, Where, What and How” thread
Old Dec 25, 2017, 4:49 am
PsiFighter37

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I can source a lot of this year’s entry from last year

Who: work in financial services
When: made 1K in late August
How: largely leisure travel, although I did a little more business travel this year. That helped more on the PQD front than the PQM side.
Where: see my signature!
Why: generally think that having status will help me out when things go sideways (and it has). BG1 and Y+ legroom is important as well. Really enjoyed having the GPUs to basically upgrade all of my international flying.
What: I already have ~50k PQM booked for the first half of next year, with more to be added. I would actually have much higher if I didn’t decide to start using a big pile of my award miles...have used them to book 2x RTW award tickets for myself and my wife, all in J. Because kids are almost certainly going to be a 2019 event for us, I think it’s likely that travel in H2 drops off significantly. There’s an outside chance of me (and possibly her) requalifying for 1K, but if I had to bet we will both end at Platinum. If I do make 1K, next year will be the last year for a while.