FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To say something or not: friend's didn't take my advice
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:54 am
suvayanr

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by david55
I sat with dear friends and helped them plan a trip to Gascony for next September including flights and ticketing advice. The most important thing I told them was to ticket the flights from SEA-TLS on one ticket....even if you save money ticketing it differently you need the assurance of the itinerary staying intact in case of delays.

A month since our meeting and last night the husband beamed at the money he saved by making a RT SEA-CDG on Delta and then a separate ticket CDG-TLS on AF with a 90 minute connection at CDG. ( The return is not an issue because they are staying in Paris for a few days before returning home)

Should I say something to them about the possible problems they have created on the outbound?

My husband says no....
I wouldn’t. Best case scenario everything goes well and it’s all ok. Worst case they’ll make a mistake at their own cost.

Considering it’s probably too late to change anything without paying change fees anyways, probably not worth it.