FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelled ticket... "mistake fare"
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:49 pm
zoegksf

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by dqdude
I didn't realize that this was a mistake fare. I have purchased tickets in First for similar prices for international trips. I usually book with miles or points but I often search for cheap fares from my home airport or other airports that easy to fly to from my home. I certainly didn't expect these tickets to get cancelled. I received seat assignments, ordered special meals and received ticket #'s. Why would I expect my tickets to be cancelled when I was able to complete all of these steps? You ask this question as if I am the one that did something wrong. I don't frequent these boards often so I don't know what the protocol is for believing a ticket is really a ticket.

Both trips are far out. One is in May and the other is in August. I suppose I may find award seats in First for the dates selected but that is highly unlikely as this is peak travel season to Europe.

Really, you didn't know that a $1300.00 rt in "La Premier" from LAX to LHR, in a cabin with 4 seats, impossible to upgrading into, was a mistake fare? I find that hard to believe. Just curious, what "similar" RT international prices have you got for that price in F? Did you just happen to stumble on this fare? Sorry you cancelled your other tickets, but you have learned a important lesson regarding the wait and see approach.