FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat assignment discrepancy and check-in
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:58 am
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by albireo
Yes, Qantas metal to Brisbane and Emirates metal afterwards, on an Emirates ticket.

No I did not pay for a better seat (nor did I do a preassignment, which is not possible for the codeshare) on the QF operated segment.

Emirates does not let me check in online from their site because the first flight is operated by Qantas. Unless better advised I think I will indeed follow the strategy of checking in at the airport. Though I am still worried that the EK seat assignments might also be lost then as the check-in will be done by QF (EK does not have a representation in Canberra).
In the past I've found when an assignment isn't visible on the booking it still shows up correctly on the BP, presumably different systems. But worst case you then have to sort it out at the gate in BNE. Another option is to pre-emptively tweet to @EmiratesSupport that you have a concern that you'd like to share via DM and once they follow you then send a DM with your EK booking reference and name and that you'd like to confirm your paid seat assignments remain in tact as QF doesn't show them when you check your booking with them etc.