FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL will be migrating to Amadeus on Nov 16, 2017
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:32 am
Flanker2

Programs: JGC - 1 star
Thank you Jalpak, I didn't see that.
So indeed, this opens up a window where I can choose an upgradeable fare, but can only combine with a return on standard fare. I don't undestand why they put this separetely, befoe it used to be on the same page.

Yes, NH was being considered but there are several issues with NH:
1. Their fares on BRU-NRT-BRU are too high. You are lucky if you can find anything at less than double of 1-stop fares.
2. Flight timing isn't too good. Need a morning departure from BRU, morning arrival in Japan.
3. It's more convenient to use JL to fly to HND than having to take a train from NRT. Customs and border control is also more efficient at HND.
4. The 9-abreast experience on NH's B787 is not too good and the food is rather poor. Overall poor value.

We can't see through JMB login whether there are seats available for upgrades until after the ticket is booked, so we need to call and ask if there is upgrade availability.
In this respect, JL not answering calls is not good at all.

I gave up after calling them twice today and holding for 45 min and 35 minutes respectively, without an operator picking up.
I'll try again and if they don't pick up, I'll give up on the upgrade and go for the cheapest OTA.

Everytime I call London, I seem to be getting one of three ladies. Not many people working there it seems.

It's an international airline, for god's sake they should have a call center open 24 hours a day, at least in Tokyo.
When London is closed, forward to Tokyo.

Last edited by Flanker2; Dec 20, 2017 at 10:40 am