FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016
Old Dec 19, 17, 2:20 pm
Kat007

Total scam. I don`t know how it is still a valid "guarantee" after pretty much every claim has been denied.
I completed all requirements stated on the terms to be eligible, yet I was brushed off five times with a different reason after I was attaching screen shots to prove them wrong. After six emails, I knew that there is no way I could win - they are not to keep promise there, they are trick us to book directly to avoid paying huge commissions to third parties. My rate was non-cancelable prepaid (of course, it was IHG the lowest rate, yet many other sites offered much lower).

I was charged at a hotel after my stay and was hoping that Chase would stand by its long-time customer who never filed any disputes with them. A Chase dispute rep contacted me with some questions and said that she would be applying a temporarily credit and sending dispute to the hotel. A couple of hours later, she called back and said that she would need me to stay on the phone with IHG. IHG reps (and even supervisor) that they are not trained to deal with "BPG" and cannot help. Chase rep asked for that phone number, yet there is no phone number to contact Philippines BPG office. After that, Chase rep was lost and said that Holiday Inn is not IHG, and that she was not able to approve my dispute. I then called Chase again and was told that since there was nothing wrong with the stay and "only minor price difference" - she didn`t even get that BPG policy, Chase is not able to stand by me. They even didn`t send a dispute and never even tried to solve it except from calling 1-800 IHG and getting nowhere with wrong department.

Needless to say, a lot of time and frustration was wasted on both IHG and its co-branded Chase card.