FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two separate tickets affect connecting
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:46 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Often1
The simple fact is that you are not connecting because you may only connect on one ticket. Thus, MCT is meaningless. If your inbound flight to OGG is delayed and you no show for your UA flight, your UA ticket will be cancelled and will retain whatever value it retains under its fare rules, typically $0 after departure. You would then need to buy a new ticket on the next flight at whatever the price of a new ticket is at that point.

The question is not whether it is possible to make the transfer you describe. It is. The question is your risk tolerance for no showing.

I would allow at least triple the MCT when transferring. Thus 3 hours. Even then.
I disagree with what you wrote 100% and yet agree with it 100%. The difference is the OP isnt flying HA connecting to UA to SFO, but is flying HA connecting to HAs OGG-SFO flight. Thusly since its all HA I believe the OP can check their bags all the way thru in LIH and no need to claim and recheck the bags, = I disagree with what you posted. Or if flyting with carry-on only

However if the OP was in fact flying on UA from OGG and not HA then I would have agreed with you

Even thou it may be 2 tkts, I would say if HA sees the OP will misconnect in OGG then they would probably fly them to say HNL to connect to SFO from there. MY UA flight to SFO was delayed by 2 hrs which meant Id miss my SFO-EWR flight and the next flight was N/A. So they put me on HA to HNL and the non-stop to EWR from there. In the end there was no need since although they had different flight #s the plane delayed into SFO was the exact same plane flying to EWR, but the HNL flight was over 1/2 e,pty while the flights via SFO were packed and I got in 1 1/2 hrs earlier to boot

Last edited by craz; Dec 19, 2017 at 11:52 am