FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-Christmas Week-end Getaway to London
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:59 pm
florens

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jason8612
Nice trip report!
Thanks jason8612, it was good to meet you! Safe travels!

Originally Posted by onobond
Indeed, thanks for sharing. Indulging a lie-flat journey all the way from BSL to LHR must have been a timely way to relax for the trying exercises of the London DO that were to follow
I was so worried that the plane would be swapped, so I kept checkin the seat map ...

Originally Posted by offerendum
Nice the A 321!
Yep, it was a very pleasant flight!

Originally Posted by enviroian
Nice report, thank you. That Doubletree looked very nice how was it? I was at the Doubletree in Santiago last month and upgraded to the suite. It was nicer than any Hilton I've been in anywhere.
Thanks enviroian. Which DoubleTree?

The one in Victoria was very nice, especially the top floor rooms. I am not sure about the regular rooms. I think they might be older/non-renovated. The breakfast was very delicious, but the breakfast room was a bit small. The front desk lady was very kind and helpful. The luggage storage room is too small and thus crowded, so they store some larger suitcases outside the room.

The one in Kingston was very enjoyable and the staff excellent. The rooms are not soundproof, but there wasn't much noise. There are train tracks on one side though, with a train passing every now and then, but the noise didn't bother us too much. The decor is very nice and detail-oriented. The breakfast was good, but not the best we had.