View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 17, 5:35 am
tentseller
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Pookynubbers View Post

thanks for calming Dave down. So the details; stay is 12/28 and checkout on New Yearís Eve. (3 night total) the terms and conditions state cancellation will result in loss of deposit. And that cash+points will result in the points being refunded but not the cash. (Again this was an all points booking)

So what they are saying is tfat I made a deposit...?...
and that itís equal to 1 night....

Except that isnít really clear in their T/C - so thet is what is in dispute. Perhaps interpreting the policy differently and donít know how others would understand their intention. Or perhaps Iím not seeing the full TC
Originally Posted by Pookynubbers View Post
I think the issue is that there is two different paragrpahs of T/C one on the email and one on the reservation details. The reservation agent over the phone never told me about the T/C of cancellation policy when I made the reservation. So I will make an attempt to cancel once more with the hotel (10 days notice should suffice) and if they don't change their mind - I'll do a chargeback. No card present and not telling me about the cancellation policy should make it an easy dispute.
High season for IC HK at your booking time.
Good luck with your chargeback.