FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - tmobile roaming - new problems!
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:18 pm
estnet

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Well I could get cc for $20/mo plus $5 if I want limited data and text. When I'm home I hardly use data - just use wifi When I need data is when I'm out of the country, so ... even tho I have the 55+ (which is $50/mo for one line) I can get what I need at home for 20/25 month. Then it will cost me less and buying a local sim will bring it almost up to tmo cost
Yes tmo offers more and there is a convenience factor but since Thailand is my frequent need and spending hours on the phone getting incorrect answers, no help, connecting to network one day and the next told I cannot register on that network........
What is NOT clear to me is if I use CC and keep phone on airplane mode if I will be charged for wifi calls to the US - but skype solve this.
If I was on the 2 person plan it wouldn't be an issue but .......... Google fi doesn't fit my needs,

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
What plan are you on that costs 2x on t-mobile?

I switched us to the t-mo one unlimited 55 plan, $60 for exactly 2 lines as long as one of you is at least 55.

To that you can add on one plus data for $10 a month, and turn it on and off at will using the app or the web site to get the higher speed int4ernational data and if that works poorly, we still have the local SIM option in Thailand.

If you're on android, maybe google fi would be a better option? Yanisa was on fi when she got here but we both switched to the 55 plan.

I guess I'll find out how bad the t-mo roaming is in thailand very soon.

-David