FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA "to trial free tea and coffee in Euro Traveller" (unconfirmed)
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:16 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by orbitmic
PS: to LTNPhobia, Brita style 'purification' would not remove potential bacteria/microorganisms from water (in fact, a study by scientists at UC Berkeley suggested that it adds more bacteria rather than remove any, and another study by Penn State scientists very much the same) though it can improve the taste or make the water less limy, but personally it is more the microorganisms that I am worried about here due to potential issues with the hygiene of the tanks over time and non-circulation of the water within them).
That is true - the filter can harbour bacteria and add to it if it's not cared for properly. However, it might help a bit with that chalky water taste from LHR

I'm not really thinking of filtering the tank water, but rather, loading filtered water in sealed jugs (I'm pretty sure I've seen those at QF F lounge), although if they keep the tank clean, it should be fine. I read that BA only load the potable water at approved airports, so it should be OK to drink from the tank, esp. on short haul. I also heard that they clean the tank rather frequently, although I admit not drinking the tank water myself.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Dec 16, 2017 at 12:35 am