FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA "to trial free tea and coffee in Euro Traveller" (unconfirmed)
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:42 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
In the very first BOB Q&A posted on here it stated that water was free, it has never been charged for and no one at BA ever said otherwise. If you think differently, please post a source.
I have no problem drinking tap water. There's too much unnecessary plastic packaging and trucking water round the UK and world as it is. YMMV.
I only drink tap water at home, but there is a difference between water flowing from main water supply and that trapped in tanks, and basically, the "free water" BA offer is water that all the crew who post on this forum who expressed an opinion so far claimed not to drink themselves. In short, I think that is a good enough indication that BA could invest in large 1.5 litre bottles of free water rather than tank.

PS: to LTNPhobia, Brita style 'purification' would not remove potential bacteria/microorganisms from water (in fact, a study by scientists at UC Berkeley suggested that it adds more bacteria rather than remove any, and another study by Penn State scientists very much the same) though it can improve the taste or make the water less limy, but personally it is more the microorganisms that I am worried about here due to potential issues with the hygiene of the tanks over time and non-circulation of the water within them).

PPS: more importantly, I hope that this ends up being confirmed - I personally think that if BA offered free (bottled) still and sparkling* water, tea and coffee to customers, reactions to BoB would be far less hostile

* the addition of sparkling is nothing to do with necessity and everything to do with shameless lobbying should anyone from BA ever happened to pay attention: it is my addiction of choice - if addiction can be chosen?? - and arguably not more expensive or complicated to store than still water, so I'd love it to be part of the deal!

Last edited by orbitmic; Dec 16, 2017 at 12:15 am