FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tier points from prior to joining?
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:16 pm
pogonation

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Tier points from prior to joining?

My dad has been flying approx 40 flights with EI a year and I realised he hadn't joined aerclub so I signed him up. When I read the T&Cs it stated:

"A new Member may claim Avios points and Tier Credits for eligible Aer Lingus flights taken up to 3 months prior to the commencement of their Membership."

I submitted a claim for the 10 flights he had flown in the previous 3 months after signing him up. They all show now and the avios have been credited but there are no tier points... Is this because they would then be zeroed from his join/requalification date or should they have adjusted his requalification date to be a year from the first flight in the last 3 months and given him the tier points?

I can see this in the T&Cs but it doesn't really say why they might assign a different date:

"Tier Credit Collection Year" means the 365 day period starting from either the joining date of the Member or the anniversary date as assigned to the Member by AerClub, and every consecutive 365 day period thereafter"