FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:20 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Billyfergus

But I am not increasing in status since I already am Platinum.

Apologies; I missed out on that.

Originally Posted by Billyfergus

However, based on what you say, this means that I am losing out on my status earned by taking 69 flights in 2017 which should allow me to remain Platinum to end of 2018 and using up my 300 XP earned in the first three months of 2018 for only an additional three months? Does this mean if I stayed at 299 XP until of end of year and only gained one more XP on the last day of year, I would have Platinum to end of 2019 instead of April 2019? Hardly encouring people to stick with sky teams airlines if this is the case.
You cannot change your membership year until you next go up in status. Therefore, you would first have to drop in status.

Given that dropping in status is not part of any of the scenarios above, then the things you ask about cannot happen.

(When you are already at Platinum, you are already experiencing the system in the same way that it will operate under the new rules. The only people that will see changes in how the system operates - as regards length of status and the dates of membership years - are those people who increase in status under the new rules).