View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 17, 11:15 am
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bkojote View Post
I'm so happy I'm an Alaska lounge member. Now I get no lounge access at either end of my travels from JFK or SFO.
Although I've never minded not having a T2 lounge for my occasional VX flights, overall, this is a bad situation. I had considered reinstating an AL membership (due to T2 travels), but it makes absolutely no sense at this point, and it makes little sense to fly the SFO/JFK route on AS/VX. On the route, I last took DL (and will again on my next trip) and I get lovely lounges on both ends and a lie flat seat and excellent IFE, for less than the AS/VX fare Furthermore, the JFK T7 experience seems so luxurious that I don't think I could handle it. So, I don't expect that I will until things improve. I've taken B6 a couple of times from SFO, and there's the AF lounge via PP, and again, a lovely lie flat seat, superior IFE, and very good meals. If I fly AS out of OAK, I've got the new lounge I can use with AX. Part of my F experience on AS was included lounge access. It had me preferring SFO over OAK for certain flights. Once the SFO BR went away, there went that. It is a troublesome welcome for the VX flyers' welcome to AS, at the mothership of the VX operation. Please, please AS, don't blow it. There are many many loaded millennials here who will swipe you left faster than their next potential partner if you disappoint them.

Last edited by dayone; Dec 14, 17 at 2:35 pm Reason: Moderator edit for language.