FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad weather disruption - UK/AMS/NW Europe - 10 & 11 December 2017
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:13 am
snaxmuppet

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ah hang on. A knock on delay would be if your flight had been caught somewhere unrelated previously. So let's say you were in DUB and returning to London (where the weather was OK), BA could not use the weather in AMS to wriggle out of EC261. If you are an outstation without a BA fleet present and the the aircraft is stuck in LHR then to my mind the ball is still being passed backwards and thus in open play.
But the aircraft wasn't stuck in London because of weather. It was pre-emptively cancelled 25hrs before. I could understand if it was a weather-related delay... as I understand it, the vast majority of these delays were not weather delays but operational delays due to slow or unavailable de-icing. This was not an extreme event. It was a dusting of snow and some below zero temps. Something that happens almost every year and they should have been able to cope with it way better than they did.

To me, very few flights were weather-delayed and mine was not one of them. I believe that mine should be considered "knock on" and I have applied for compensation. If they refuse I will take it to the next stage. As customers we should not have to put up with this kind of business mismanagement and incompetence. Having just got Silver status I now find myself not wanting to travel much at all now.