FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I screwed? SAS says I will go thru passport control between non-schengen flights
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:07 pm
985X

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by fassy
Just out of curiosity... Why not fly LHR-CPH-PVG? (Or any other connection LHR-PVG) Can’t imagine that would be more expensive then what you have lined up? Especially adding in the extra travel time and potential risk...
Can't beat SK's youth ticket! 284 USD for a ARN-HKG + PVG-CPH-ARN open-jaw is a steal. (I'm only gonna use the ARN-HKG segment though). To make it more adventurous, I depart from LAX. So the itinerary is LAX-IAH-LHR (UA metal), experience London for one day, then LHR-ARN-HKG on SK metal. Once landed in HKG, take double-decker to pass the border and fly SZX-PVG on ZH. The return journey is PVG-PEK-LHR on CA award ticket (purchased some AV miles to save money), and LHR-LAX on UA. I'm not saving much time on this trip, but given the outrageous price for LAX-PVG RT, I would rather connect via LHR. The total cost does not exceed LAX-PVG RT via TPAC even with the cost of UK visa, hotel, etc. So fair enough. I'm leaving in 2 days. Let's see how it goes.